Key Scriptures: 18:1-15; 21:1-6
Sarah hears God promise she’ll have a son within the next year. Sarah is very old, so she laughs at the idea. But by the next year, she has a son. She names him Isaac, which means laughter, because God brought her laughter. God brings us laughter, too.
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth”Genesis 1:1
Family Together Time
God brings us laughter, so have some fun with your family.
- Get a roll of transparent tape.
- Have each person stick long pieces to his or her face so it pulls the skin in different directions. (You can get ideas by doing an Internet search for “Scotch tape faces.”)
- When you look at each other, you’re sure to laugh.
- Look in the mirror, too, and laugh at yourself.
- Share funny things that have happened to you recently, and thank God for laughter.